Pros & Cons of Artificial Grass
In today’s article, we will examine the pros and cons of artificial grass for you. While doing this, we will offer you realistic results by comparing artificial grass and natural grass. We know that the use of artificial turf is very common today. The most important reason for this is that artificial turf is very durable, long-lasting, and has low maintenance costs. In other words, it is a very impressive product when compared to natural grass.
Now let’s learn about the pros and cons of artificial grass over natural grass.
Pros of Artificial Grass
Artificial grass is a type of artificial grass that is shaped using synthetic yarns produced with advanced technology and is the same as natural grass. The benefits of artificial grass are so many that we cannot count them. Here is the pross of artificial grass are;
- Artificial grass is very durable. It is not damaged in bad weather conditions and is not affected by the sun’s UV rays. Therefore, its color does not fade over time and it has a lush appearance for 4 seasons.
- Artificial grass does not require irrigation. There are no important maintenance procedures to know like natural grass. Therefore, the maintenance cost is negligible.
- You need to allocate a certain amount of time for natural turf care, but you do not need to allocate extra time for artificial turf care. You can spend this time with your family having fun on artificial turf.
- Do not need to use a lawnmower for artificial turf. Because artificial grass does not grow over time like natural grass. This prevents the use of lawnmowers that harm nature and reduces maintenance costs.
- Artificial turf is especially suitable for older people and the disabled Because there are no maintenance procedures and it does not cause any difficulties for them.
- Artificial turf is very advantageous for people who are away from their homes for a long time. Because when people return home, they do not have to deal with the maintenance of artificial turf. But in real grass, the situation is the opposite.
- Artificial grass does not require irrigation like natural grass. This is very important for the use of water. By using artificial grass, we both reduce water usage and reduce the amount of water bill.
- Artificial grass is animal-friendly. Especially when you look for dog-friendly artificial grass and pet-friendly artificial grass, you will come across excellent options. Since artificial grass does not contain toxic chemicals, it does not harm animals. It is also very hygienic and prevents animal urine from forming bacteria.
- Cat and dog poop can be easily removed from the artificial grass floor with water and detergent. So artificial grass is very useful and useful for cats and dogs.
- Artificial grass is cheaper than natural grass when you think long-term. Because artificial grass does not need fertilization, brushing, pesticides, weed killers like natural grass. In other words, artificial grass is a cost-effective product for the future.
- Artificial grass does not fade over time like natural grass. That’s why it always has an aesthetic appearance and always makes you feel good.
- Artificial turf is very suitable for people who work very hard in business life and do not have much free time because it does not tire people with maintenance procedures.
- It is suitable for use even in bad weather conditions. Because it is not affected by snow and rain, you can easily play football and similar sports on it. Thanks to the drainage channels under the ground, the water is easily discharged from the ground.
- It is not affected by hot weather and does not dry out with the effect of sun rays like natural grass.
- Artificial grass has different shades of natural grass and can be produced in light green, dark green, or different shades of green.
- There are many types of artificial turf. It can be used in any field. For example, garden, poolside, playgrounds, exhibition areas, balconies, restaurants, hotels and bars, gyms, golf fields, etc.
- Since the drainage channels are very strong, an artificial turf ground that is installed correctly dries quickly after the rain.
- Those who argue that natural grass is a more environmentally friendly product are wrong because, according to an official statement made in 2009, lawnmowers pollute nature more and cause air pollution because they are operated using petroleum. (National Geographic)
- Artificial grass is child-friendly. Because no chemicals are used in its production. The floor is very soft and suitable for use by children.
- Artificial grass does not contain allergic substances.
- Natural grass takes energy from the sun, so the shaded areas dry out and wear out quickly. Artificial grass does not need sunlight.
- The service life of artificial grass is very long. It has a useful life of at least 15 years.
- Artificial turf does not catch natural turf diseases. So it is easier to maintain.
- There is no need to use fertilizers and pesticides in artificial turf. In this way, soil pollution is also prevented.
- Insects do not occur on artificial turf. Therefore, you do not need to use drugs.
- Artificial grass is not affected by drought.
- Artificial turf is adaptable for both small and large areas. It is also suitable for indoor use and is one step ahead of natural grass here as well.
- Artificial grass is recyclable.
As you can see, we cannot finish counting the benefits of artificial grass. You also understand why you should buy artificial turf. Artificial grass is beneficial, does not harm the environment, is human and animal friendly!
Cons of Artificial Grass
Artificial turf has a few minor drawbacks. Here are the cons of artificial grass;
- If the right techniques and methods are not used in artificial turf manufacturing, artificial turf from production may be harmful to the environment. However, this is definitely the manufacturer’s fault and artificial grass should not be purchased from such companies. We recommend that you look at the materials used and the company’s quality certificates when purchasing artificial turf.
- Artificial turf may seem more expensive at first. However, when you examine the maintenance procedures of natural grass above, you will see that artificial grass is a long-lasting investment.
- Artificial turf takes longer to install than real turf. However, this is not a very important problem when compared to the service life.
- Gardeners and gardeners may find artificial grass simple. We respect them in this regard.
- Artificial grass does not emit a nice smell like natural grass. But it doesn’t smell bad either.
- Artificial grass may become warm in extremely hot weather, but no burns occur on the product. The sand filling used during the artificial turf installation keeps the artificial turf cool.
- Artificial grass does not create biodiversity in your garden like natural grass. But if you like to look at flowers, you can provide biodiversity in this area by dedicating a part of your garden to this.
As you can see, artificial turf does not have a very significant disadvantage. All are solvable and fairly simple problems. As Ekip Grass – artificial grass manufacturer, our advice to you is to choose quality and durable artificial grass and use it comfortably for many years. It is enough to call us for artificial grass prices and artificial grass costs.